How hard it has been to get used to not starting my day with the usual check of the weather, glance at email and check in with friends blogs. Isolating to not have even the hint of social interaction in keeping up with Facebook statuses. And the blog post ideas have been piling up and being forgotten (for in the move I have misplaced the Everything Pad of paper where I list groceries, errands and everything else so the urge to jot something down before my scattered mother's-brain forgets it is distracted by the missing routine of heading for that drawer where the pad and pens hang out (how can it be a month and I haven't gotten around to replacing it?)).
Now our family is dealing with separation. Scott is back in DC and Pav and I are in Iowa City. In two weeks he heads to the UK and we stay here until the time is right to join him. The logistics of an apartment in Oxford have been dealt with, but my health has to be in order before I can face the leap of faith that entering a new health system while in a colitis flare-up requires. Plus it is just hard for me to imagine setting up a new life from scratch with no method for advanced planning (thank you, Qwest, for taking over a month to hook up the internet).
I keep putting on my sense-of-adventure hat but the darn thing keeps falling off!



3 comments:
I love your writing Heather. You have a way with words. I hope you get feeling better soon and that you and Scott can be reunited soon.
I'm not wanting another move right now, but am a little bit jealous of the adventure that is coming your way.
I agree with Rachelle, most whole-heartedly. I really, really love the panel with all of Pav's clever, funny sayings. Is she really only three? We miss you and hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip!!
hey! i was thinking of doing a 2 week rotation in the UK (if i can find one!) maybe i can come visit?
Post a Comment