Friday, November 5, 2010

We're Here!


I started this blog as a way to keep in touch while we travelled so Scott could get all the education his heart desires. We've finally made the move everyone has been asking us about for over a year now. That's right, we are all together in Oxford, finally! Above is a picture of Pav and I and all the stuff I could convince the airline to let us take with us. It felt like we were leaving almost everything behind as I packed, but carting it around the airport felt quite the opposite!
For the last three months Pav and I have been half a country, to half a world away from Scott. I think this picture pretty much sums up how much she has missed him.
Preparations are underway for a big day tomorrow so I don't have much time to post and I've been terrible about taking pictures since our first day in Oxford, so this one will have to do. It is a random street in the city center. Oxford proves very photogenic, so expect more. And expect me to know more about what I am photographing. This day was all about getting to know one another again, after much too long of a separation so I wasn't paying much attention to the history or the architecture (or as much attention on my whereabouts as I wish I had!). After the birthdays tomorrow I plan on getting to know the town and the sights much better.


No comments: