For a time in high school I carried my camera with me almost everywhere. I took pictures for the newspaper and the yearbook and for class. Then, in college I fell in love with large format and bought a 4x5 camera and lugged it around in a huge case with a tripod. Now digital cameras fit in your pocket and cellphones have more megapixels than most people need. Now that I again always have a camera with me I have a new hobby: collecting the ridiculous things I see. Here are a few from the last several months:
I was embarassed to venture too far into the yard to get this shot, so you'll have to squint. What came first here? The chicken or the egg? The name? The profession? Was Mr. Allen Korn destined for podiatry?

Yes, we actually saw a Peed plumber, driving his Peed Plumbing truck. Again, how much influence does one's name have on choice of profession? I wonder. In this case Mr. Peed has obviously done fairly well for himself (or herself, let's not be sexist:) as it was a big, fancy truck.

Not quite as obvious is this package of stickers for scrap booking. Kind of subtle, I might not have noticed the mistake if the Mexico pack hadn't been nearby (hint). To be fair, Mexico upside down does look a little like the UK, but still...



1 comment:
If you really need a podiatrist's name, my podiatrist is Dr. Footer. You can't get any more destined than that!
Post a Comment