Thursday, May 28, 2009

An American Sporting Trifecta

Here's what we did this Memorial Day Weekend:
Saturday evening: Baseball with friends. We watched the Baltimore Orioles beat the Nationals on a beautiful, breezy and very enjoyable evening. Pavlina was very excited to hang out with some of her Cloister friends (farewell Elise--we'll miss you) and even more so to watch baseball and meet the giant Oriole and chicken (oops, Eagle!). It was Scott's first professional baseball game too.

Home run!

The Three Dwarfs: Happy, Grumpy, and Itchy(allergies!).


Sunday Afternoon: Ball in the backyard. Our landlady, Caroline, was out of town so the backyard was all ours. We celebrated in true white-trash style by letting our naked daughter play ball.

I know she'll hate me later for posting naked pictures of her on the internet, but she's just so cute! Sorry in advance, Pav. :)

Hamm on Beckam's shoulders--a formidable opponent. I gave up!

Later in the week: Today Pav and I had a few hours to kill in Fairfax, VA while our car was being fixed up. For months now I have been putting off this errand because of the dreaded prospect of trying to entertain a two year old for three hours in a waiting room where the only offering is brochures advertising spray-on truck bed liners and window tinting. I went online last night searching for something to entertain the munchkin withing walking distance and there it was across the street--a bowling alley! We had a lot of fun, bowled two games and only dropped a half a dozen balls. Pav's score increased almost as much as mine decreased, which makes me wonder how long I'm going to enjoy bowling with her.

She did have a slight advantage. ;)

No comments: