Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration 2009

While I am a little disappointed to not have seen any of the Inauguration events in person, it was exciting to feel so close to it all. The crowds and cold weather (plus the prohibition against strollers and backpacks) made it impossible for us to safely take Pavlina downtown with us. We avoided three hour waits at the Metro, four hour waits at security checkpoints, windchills in the low teens, and possible stampedes to watch in warmth and comfort on a big screen with fellow HHMI peoples and free food. Not a bad compromise!

1 comment:

kaelene said...

Sounds like my way to do that kind of event! I saw the metro lines and the mall on TV and was glad we weren't there in person either. We hope you guys are doing great! Great Falls looks beautiful, and Sanoe and I both wish we could have joined you on your adventure. We miss you lots!