Friday, April 1, 2011

Pavlina's Christmas present

One of Pav's best gifts (I think, because I picked it out) this year was a kiddie digital camera. She is always wanting to use our camera and I got tired of saying NO while remembering how much fun it was to have my own camera when I was kid. I still have albums full of the pictures I took on trips to The Grand Canyon, Great Britain and Grandma's house. Then there is the documentation of the moods and movements of our pet cats whose leery, weary expressions tell of the countless hours I spent following them around the house and yard looking for entertainment from my under-enthused furry playmates. Good memories are stored in those photos, even though the quality was poor and the artistry was lacking. Pav's camera isn't much better quality than mine was, but its advantage is in how quickly she can see the result. Hopefully she will learn how to take a good photograph early. We might be raising the next Annie Leibovitz:
Self Portrait 1
Our hosts for Christmas diner: Lakshmi, Chris, Nareen, and George, where Pav was official documenter.

The majority of her pictures document the objects in our house, like this shot of our bookcase. If she keeps it up I will have a full inventory for insurance.


Sometimes I think she is really onto something:

Entrance to Blenheim Palace

Other times not:
Carpet, 1 of 4

1 comment:

Hyperchondriac said...

she's better than me in terms of photography skills!!! -jas