We have been encouraging Pavlina to do more things for herself recently. Encouraging, cajoling, even pleading. She is capable of dressing, putting on shoes, brushing her hair, etc. but resists doing so a lot of the time. I wonder if she doesn't worry that by not doing these things for her we are loving her less. Maybe with her new found independence she feels insecure and needs to be babied a little. So we do what we can. Ask her to do it first, before we help, and give lots of praise when she does. Also, we try not to laugh when the results are comical. Maybe that means we shouldn't take pictures either:


I didn't specify that the clothes had to be on face front, so really it is my lack of clarity in instructioning that is at fault here. Those of you with smart (aleck) kids know what I'm talking about!



1 comment:
LOL. i miss pav! you are going to have quite a fireball on your hands when she becomes a teenager!
Post a Comment